Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ward Campout

This was really fun. We camped at the Boy Scout..?...place on Lake Senaca. The kids enjoyed roasting marshmallows and eating their sweet tinfoil dinners. That was also the night they learned about "Smokey BOnes" owwwwooooo. 
The scariest thing in the world (for me) was not Smokey Bones but it did happen while we were there. We were all playing down at the dock. I was watching while holding my newborn Solomon. All the kids were jumping in and splashing and having lots of fun. Chris set Lorenzo at the bottom of the ladder to climb up the dock to me and went out to play more. Lorenzo had climbed up it a dozen times before so I wasn't worried and not really paying attention. I heard a splash and just figured that someone had jumped off the dock. A couple seconds later I remembered Lorenzo. As I looked over the edged I could see him sinking, wide eyed. Needless to say, I started freaking out, But I had a tiny Baby in my arms and I was sitting on this weird ledge so I couldn't put him down. Chris was probably 30 yards away by this point and I was freaking out. Thankfully Jason Bennion was only 15 yards away and he was able to get my little guy out. That was SCARY!! I hate to think what could of happened. It actually makes me ill when I do. Thank God he is fine. I love you Lorenzo and I would be SOOOO lost without you.   

No comments: