Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Baine of My Existence

Can someone please tell me how to spell bain. So, last week on craigslist I found what I have always dreamed of...a piano of my very own. Everyday since we moved in to our new house I have been looking for one, because what home is complete without one. Well, let me tell you this, the piano below is a home wrecker.


If you ever get the opportunity to buy a piano from a smoker, I highly recommend that you pass...even if it is a good deal. For four days I tried everything to get the smell out. Nothing worked and finally Chris could no longer take the wonderful combination of cigarettes and vinegar.






So now our piano sits in the garage, hopefully clearing its every nook and cranny of tar and grossness.




Chris is happy to see it gone, but Lorenzo really misses it. I don't know where I stand, it is such a love hate relationship. I think we just need a couple months apart to work things out. Sometimes separation is a good thing.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

uh...what? i am guessing this posted before it was complete. no?

is sweet child of mine supposed to sound like it's performed by the chipmunks?

Rozannah said...

yeah, I was having serious difficulties.

Candi & Ezra said...

What's wrong with cigs & vinegar?? Wheel that thing over to my house...I love that smell!!

Ashley said...

I've heard that baking bread is supposed to absorb the smell of cigarettes. My sister-in-law baked a few loaves to get rid of the smell in an apartment they rented. It worked like a charm.

I just don't know how you would bake bread inside a piano. Maybe that's something Chris can figure out.

Spencer

Whitney said...

I knew you loved playing the piano! Ha. Is that your calling in your ward? I love your pictures! Lorenzo is so darn cute!!!!!! I got a blog too. You should check it out. It is http://www.markandwhit.blogspot.com. I miss you so much! I hope all is going great for you guys.