Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween

Sorry....I know Halloween was sooo last week, but we had a horrible stomach flu and I really haven't felt like doing an update.

I love Halloween!! Every year, I start thinking about it in probably.... June. This year was really hard because I wanted to dress all three of us in coordinating outfits. I had been stressed about finding the exact right costumes for us right up until three days before the big night.
Thankfully, mad scientists....or science majors (same dif) were right up our alley. Lorenzo and I dressed up 3 times.....I told you I love Halloween. The first was for our Ward party. It was really fun, some people were really confused though. I had picked Marty (Chris's little Brother) up from the airport on the way to the party.


Everyone thought it was Chris, but knew that it didn't really look like him, sooo that was funny. Deseree' and I made some wickedly sweet cupcakes for the party too.
The next day we went with Deseree' and Candice to the mall for trick or treating. It was alot different than I expected and Lorenzo puked on the way home so that shows you how he felt about it.

On the actual night of Halloween we went trick or treating with Nemo (Avery). They were really cute! I didn't actually think that they would walk up to the door and hold their bags out....but they did. We also went to the Haunted Firehall. Thankfully we had Lorenzo with us so they really took it easy on us. I hate haunted houses....they're too scary. Also we went to a party at the Magnificent Moellers and it was marvelous. Every year I am sad to see the end of this great Holiday.....not this year. I am happy it is over....but don't worry I will start looking forward to it again in June.

9 comments:

Jennelle said...

I got up at like 4:30 this morning...couldn't sleep ...blah! After perusing through the election results =o(...and prop 8 results =o)... I finally checked the blog only to find out that you posted something...hooray! Just in case you were wondering what I was up to right now.

You guys look great!! I love the whole mad scientists costume idea...ingenious if you don't mind me saying so. I was actually a mad scientist in the 5th grade...that just so happened to be the year I got my candy snatched from a pimply face teenager speeding by me on rollerblades...I think I am still traumatized by that whole experience. actually I think I was more sad to see my pillow case disappear. I really loved that pillow case =o(

Brady's said it was really hard to get a feel for his interview at Pomona because the people that interviewed him didn't smile or anything...i guess they don't want to give you a false sense of hope...whatever. But he also said that the dental school wasn't finished so he couldn't see the lab or anything else really. They just showed power point slides of what they expect it to be like. On top of that, we though it was $45,000 a year but it is actually $49,000. I stop breathing every time I say that. His UNLV interview is on Thursday so we will see how that one goes but we are still hopeful for Buffalo. We are both just so tired of the whole processes...It's mentally exhausting, I can't take it anymore.

I can't wait for December so we can...A) find out about schools and B) see you guys! yea! and that would be so great if Mark and Whitney came down too. I can't wait!

Hooray for your Vita mix welcome to the club! I know it is probably getting cold there but here is my favorite smoothy concoction. I kinda eye ball everything when I put it in but I put about how much I think I put in.
1/2 C.red grapes (put in first)
1/2 of a bannana
3-4 stawberries (stems left on)
1/2 of a orange
1/4 C. pinapple (it tastes good without it too)
1/2-1 c. ice depending on how thick you want it.

The tortilla soup recipe is really good too!

Hope you guys are feeling better! I feeling sick it is the worst.

Wow that turned out to be a really long comment. I guess I could have written this in an e-mail huh? oh well...

Boss said...

So you were the ones responsible for those adorable cupcakes! I saw them at the party, but unfortunately I wasn't fast enough to snatch one up. The only thing cuter is Lorenzo in his costume. Seriously, you need to bottle that kid. Have the boys back in the lab look into that, will ya?

camandholls said...

Hey Rozannah, I found your blog through my moms. It has been such a long time. Your little boy is so cute. How do you guys like living in Buffalo? We have been in Philly for the last 3 years and my husband is in Dental school too. He actually interviewed at Buffalo and we were really wanting to go there, but unfortunately he didn't get in. I am glad I found your blog,it will be fun to keep in touch. (Oh this is Hollie Gneiting by the way :)

Natalie said...

Thanks for clearing up the confusion about the guy you were with at the Halloween Party! I kept thinking that maybe he was Chris, but he didn't look exactly like him.... I had convinced myself that it was Chris and I just hadn't looked at him very closely before.

Brielle said...

Mad scientists huh..that's a good idea. Maybe we'll do something like that next year. Your little boy is such a pro at getting his picture taken.

brent and kashann said...

Awesome costume idea!

The Fami-Lee said...

Holy Cupcakes!! I just love your creativity. I was thinking Lorenzo looked like Doc from Back to the Future. I bet you did that on purpose didn't you? I love you!

Amy said...

Oh my do you really get into halloween LOL. I love the pics. I missed it this year but next year I can't wait to take the kids out.

Oh and I was meaning to ask you have you spoken to anybody from the cross country team from FVCC? I have been meaning to call Mike but I haven't had time to do anything since I came to Texas.

echo said...

dear rozannah, chris, and lorenzo,
i miss you guys.
please come back to the blogging world.
love
echo